To help you in your application and ease you through the process, we have gathered up some information on how to apply, the specific requirements for applying and links to other organisations that can help. But remember, you can always contact us if you need any advice or guidance.
Please note that you cannot apply through us. The application must be submitted online through the EU grants database (www.eugrants.org) when the Call for Applications opens.
To start, please complete your Expression of Interest Form so we can keep you up to date with developments.
The Programme will assist in the development of rural economies and create jobs in the Mid and East Antrim area. The funding is open to those people and organisations operating or living in the countryside or settlements with a population of less than 5000.
10 Steps To
We’ve detailed a list to get you onto the road of success, check it out....
- Contact us! We can offer advice about the Programme, and whether or not your project is eligible for funding. This could save you a lot of time!
- Attend a Pre-Application Workshop. You cannot submit an application unless you have done so.
- Prepare a robust Business Plan if you are applying under the Business Measure, or a detailed Project Plan if applying under the other Measures. Templates will be provided.
- Have robust procurement documentation to support your project costs. Submit these with your application.
- Have evidence of funding for at least 50% of the Project Costs in place.
- Have full Planning Permission and any other statutory obligations in place.
- If your project is on your land, proof of ownership is required. If you do not have ownership, then a legal lease is necessary. Evidence of which must be available for viewing if your application is successful (and if applicable).
- Plan your cash-flow requirements. Grant payments will only be made after your project is paid for and complete, or upon successful completion of agreed phases (if applicable).
- Apply on time. Calls for applications will only be open for a set period, applications cannot be accepted outside of this. The process is expected to be very competitive.
- Keep in touch with us and respond to all queries ASAP. Delays will only slow down the decision process.
Come to Our
All applicants must attend a PreApplication Workshop before they can apply. The workshops will help to prepare you for applying by providing you with information about the Rural Development Programme and its processes.
We will set out clearly, and at the outset, what’s possible, what’s not, the requirements for applying and the key features of implementation should you be successful. We will also provide you with a timescale for the opening and closing of calls for applications.
The workshops are mandatory; you cannot apply for funding until you attend.
Numerous workshops will be taking place throughout the programme. These will be advertised in the local press, on our website and the MEA Council website.
Please download our frequency asked questions regarding the workshops.